Dr. Manuel Figueiroa
- Graduation in medicine in 1978 from Lisbon University (professional ID n.19501)
- Certified as a Plastic Surgeon by the Medical Union and then Lisbon University Hospital in 1988.
- Courses in Plastic Surgery and Study Visits at Akademiska Hospital in Uppsala, Sweden; Clinica Pitanguy, Rio De Janeiro; Hospital das Clinicas, Sao Paulo, Brasil; Hospital Outubro in Madrid; Instituto Teknon in Barcelona, Spain and the British College of Surgeons, UK.
- In Lisbon between 1978 and 1988 worked in the division of Plastic Surgery at Santa Maria Hospital. In addition was invited to operate at various hospitals including Clinica Todos-Os-Santos, Central Military Hospital, Particular Hospital and Orthopaedic Hospital.
- 1986 Awarded permanent membership and contributor to the Tord Skoog Educational Foundation.
- 1987 Award of the Portuguese Association of Plastic Surgery - Breast Surgery.
- Maxilo-facial surgeon since 1989.
- From 1989 - Founder and head of Madeira Central Hospital - Plastic Surgery and Maxilo-Facial Department.
- Director of the National Board of plastic surgeons elected by peers for the 3rd four year term in 2009.
Examinor of medical doctors applying for certification as plastic surgeons or higher degrees.
- Consultant at Clinica Didio Aguiar - Lisbon.
- Head of the Plastic Surgery Department at Clinica Santa Catarina on Madeira Island.
- Director of the National Board of plastic surgeons elected by peers for the 4th four year term in 2013.
- President of the 43rd Annual Meeting of the SPCPRE held in May 2013 at Porto Santo.