- Graduation in medicine in 1978 from Lisbon University (professional ID n.19501)
- Certified as a Plastic Surgeon by the Medical Union and then Lisbon University Hospital in June and July 1988.
- Courses in Plastic Surgery and Study Visits at Akademiska Hospital in Uppsala, Sweden; Clinica Pitanguy, Rio De Janeiro; Hospital das Clinicas, Sao Paulo, Brasil; Hospital Outubro in Madrid; Instituto Teknon in Barcelona, Spain and the British College of Surgeons, UK.
- In Lisbon between 1978 and 1988 worked in the division of Plastic Surgery at Santa Maria Hospital. In addition was invited to operate on various hospitals including Clinica Todos-Os-Santos, Central Military Hospital, Particular Hospital and Orthopaedic Hospital.
- 1986 Awarded permanent membership and contributor to the Tord Skoog Educational Foundation.
- 1987 Award of the Portuguese Association of Plastic Surgery – Breast Surgery.
Maxilo-facial surgeon since 1989.
- From 1989 – Founder and head of Madeira Central Hospital – Plastic Surgery and Maxilo-Facial Department.
- Director of the National Board of plastic surgeons elected by peers for the 9th three year term in 2018.
- Examinor of medical doctors applying for certification as plastic surgeons or higher carrier degrees.
- Consultant at Clinica Didio Aguiar – Lisbon.
- Head of the Plastic Surgery Department at Clinica Santa Catarina, now Hospital da Luz in Madeira Island.
- President of the 30th and 43rd Annual Meeting of the SPCPRE held in Madeira in 2000 and 2013 in Porto Santo.